Friday, December 6, 2013

Windows 7 WiFi Problem Solutions With Apple Boothcamp Partition

Best valued electronics dealsIf you are one of Apple Mac users, whether iMac or MacBook Pro or any other Macs, then you problem came across annoying problem with Windows 7 Boothcamp partition. Either you don't see you WiFi SSID name or it just says unable to connect to WiFi. Well, Today I will do my best to explain my findings about this problem. I came across this problem many times and all I have heard that I need to install windows files that comes with Boothcamp. Even though, I have done all the installment, I could not see my WiFi. I know you are probably thinking that my WiFi SSID broadcast was off. Answer to this is No! I have check everything. I even uninstalled my network adapters and installed it back on. It seem like nothing would work, until I got my WiFi SSID showing up on my WiFi menu. KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE SOLUTIONS MAY NOT WORK FOR MANY OF YOU, SO PLEASE DO NOT BLAME ME AND BE CAUTIOUS WHILE DOING THESE STEPS AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ADULT PERMISSION AND ASSISTANTS ON THESE STEPS. THANK YOU.
Solution 1
One of the thing I did was to add my WiFi manually in Network and Sharing Center. To navigate to this menu, simply click on Start menu then Control Panel then Network and Internet and click on Network And Sharing Center. At the bottom of the Network And Sharing Center(NSC), there is Set up new connection, there choose the right model of internet connection and put all the WiFi information as asked. After finishing click continue then close it. Go back to NSC and on the left side panel there is something called Manage Wireless Networks. There you will see the network name you just added double click on it and then close it all down. If this does not connect to WiFi, please go to Solution 2.
Solution 2
Now the most helpful part, This part consists of Ethernet cable. Simple take you computer to your router and plug the both sides in dedicated places. One to end of router and other to you computer. Now, wait little bit until you get connection, then open browser and type the IP address of your router. Make sure you have connection, because it won't work without a connection. The IP address of router is 192.168.1.1 most of the time, if changed make sure you have the right address and go to WiFi interface. There, simply find the WiFi setting that has channel numbers. This is where you will change your channel. Channel is just the frequency that router operates. Make sure you choose right channel with strong signal after that click on WiFi menu on Windows 7 and refresh until you see you WiFi SSID name. If not change the channel numbers until you find the right one that shows you WiFi SSID name on WiFi menu. Keep refreshing. 

P.S As for channels,  to know the best channel in your area, Please read my Top 10 Apps blog on my blog, there will be an app that will help you to determine this. Thank you and hope this helps.

Download cool extension for chrome
Support the site by visiting

2 comments:

  1. on my MacBook Air Windows 7, the very first solution worked! I already installed the BootCamp 5.0 drivers, and I could see many wireless networks around me but it would always fail without a fix. This was so easy, unsure why it wouldn't work in the usual manner. Regardless, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am glad i could help, if u have any other problems regarding boothcamp or mac, leave a comment and i will try to answer it as soon as possible.

      Delete